Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful Hearts

My heart is feeling so full of gratefulness and love.  The Lord has given us so much through so many of you.  Our life is rich and beautiful, and so much of it is due to you.

We have lived in three different states over the last two years, and in each place, we have been so blessed by love from family and friends.  I wish I could list each and every blessing that was given to us from you.  From your words, to your presence, to tangible gifts and cards…I just can't say thank you enough to each person that has loved us so well.  And I'm afraid that if I did list out the people that come to mind, I would forget some very important encouragers.  So, just know that to each of you, our hearts overflow.  Thank you.


This weekend, my parents spent one night with us on their way to my grandfather's 80th birthday celebration and my brother and sister-in-law's baby shower.  We were so sad to miss these family events, as Julia's health prevents us from traveling, but our hearts were with them.



To encourage us, my sister and brother-in-law spent the weekend with us.  Natalie LOVES these two, so their presence was a double blessing.  And because John is a NICU nurse, they are also world-class babysitters for Julia, enabling Taylor and I to go out on a date.



Thanksgiving will be a quiet holiday for us this year.  So, we decided to have Thanksgiving dinner this weekend with John and Sarah!  You all know how I love food, so here was our menu:

Rotisserie chicken from the store (suuuch a good choice compared to making it ourselves this year!)
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Sweet potato casserole (try this and you'll never go back to marshmallows: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Sweet-Potato-Pudding-with-Pecan-and-Gingersnap-Topping-361832
Green beans
Cranberry sauce
Applesauce
Aunt Gussie's rolls (family recipe!)
Pecan Pie Bars (because I've ruined so many pie crusts that I don't even try any more)



I think we should just freeze this stuff to eat on the real Turkey Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment